© Design Innovation All Rights Reserved
Meet the Team
Introduction: FILAMENT EXTRUSION MACHINE
- A 7 member student team from Design Innovation Center (DIC), UIET, Panjab University has been funded Rs 5,50,000/- by MOE, Institution Innovation Center(IIC) for developing a Filament Extruder Machine START-UP.
- We were selected in the Bio-technology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) Bio-tech startup Expo 2022 held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from June 9th- June 10th 2022. Our Hon’ble Prime Minister
Shri Narendra Modi officiated at the event.
To produce a low cost filament wires that could be used for 3D printing using economical beads with same material quality as that of plastic wires and also make 3D printing affordable for all.
Provides a platform for in house production of good quality filament wire for FDM based 3D printers having commercial viability.
For creating own plastic blends and to obtain a unique filament for specific needs. Can generate ABS, PLA, PET-G, and multi-colored filaments.
80% cost saving and exact stress-strain behaviour as compared to commercial wire.
- IoT, Gear Transmission System, Actuation Systems, Centrifugal System, PID Controller, 3D printing, 3D modelling.
- Name of the Department: UIET, Panjab University
- Name of Project: Design Innovation Centre(DIC)
- Name of Group : Simply3D Filament Based Wire Extruder