© Design Innovation All Rights Reserved
Meet the Team
Introduction: Smart Potholes detector using thermal Imaging
This project aims to develop a solution for the problem of potholes using
• Pothole Detector with performance invariant to weather and lighting
• Recognizing the severity of potholes with good accuracy.
• Good Accuracy with water filled potholes as well which are difficult to
vision based camera.
• Triggered the system to send alert to server after detecting the
potholes to log its location for further reporting.
• Validated on more than 1000 potholes in and around city.
- Name of the Department: UIET, Panjab University
- Name of Project: Design Innovation Centre(DIC)
We proposed to install the developed prototypes in front of the vehicles. As the vehicle moves, it recognizes the potholes and logs the data in server which can be further disseminated to City governing body.