© Design Innovation All Rights Reserved
Meet the Team
Introduction: Medical Grade 3-D Printer.
- Clinical Trials on 4 Patients from Nottingham
- 3-International Publications (2-SCI, 1-Conference)
- Optimized design for custom cranial implants of different geometries,fixture arrangements and materials for GMCH 32, Chandigarh
Project grant of 15+Lacs from NTU, UK
This project aims to design novel medical grade printer for patient-specific cranial implants composed of medical grade polymer materials with sufficient mechanical properties enabling surgeons to reconstruct cranial defects with an accurate, light weight, mechanically strong and biocompatible polymer.
Generating 3D implant designs for cranium applications using different medical grade materials.
Assembly and simulation of different implant geometries with bone structure for cranioplasty using Finite Element Modeling.
Assemble a medical grade 3D printing arrangement to produce sterile polymer based implant
Low-cost and high-sterile implants
- Simulation with Ansys CFD, FEA
- SKR Motherboard
High Temperature Heat Bed, Hot End
- 3-D printed parts(ABS material)
- Laminar Air Flow
- Name of the Department: UIET, Panjab University
- Name of Project: Design Innovation Centre(DIC)
- Name of Group : Medical Devices and Restorative Technologies (MDaRT)