© Design Innovation All Rights Reserved
Meet the Team
Introduction: Barotracker:- Commuter tracking using Barometer Sensor
Real time tracking of commuters in city for crowdsourcing the
data to make decisions such as ‘Estimated Time of Arrival’, Traffic
• Novel method to recognize the movements of trackers using barometer sensor.
• Path tracking of commuters on board.
• Vehicle Boarding / Deboarding event detection.
• A Mobile App to capture data and communicate data to server for further crowdsourcing.
• Server Side Application to disseminate the data to commuters for real time information about Buses and Traffic in City.
- Name of the Department: UIET, Panjab University
- Name of Project: Design Innovation Centre(DIC)
Smart cities need multiple ways to track commuters apart from using simple GPS technology. Crowdsourcing of data helps to make decisions about the events accurately.