© Design Innovation All Rights Reserved
At TBIU, I welcome innovators and budding entrepreneurs for developing
processes, designs and technologies for the products which are
problem/solution fit and the product /market fit. At TBIU, besides state of the
art office space, we also have advanced design innovation labs and workshop
facilities to help the incubatees in research and development. Looking forward
to launching some highly successful business ventures from TBIU.
University Institute of Engineering and Technology,
Mobile: +091-9781123256, +091-8360179299
RESOURCE SHARING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS INCUBATOR AT UIET (TBIU), Panjab University(PU), Chandigarh, India
This incubator aims to provide a platform wherein all science and technology expertise would converge at co-working spaces in the form of Technology Business Incubator at UIET (TBIU). Through co-working among faculty, students and industry, TBIU aspires to provide an ecosystem to evolve and refine technologies and products that require expertise at the interphase of engineering sciences with the following objectives:
i. Provide a dedicated physical co-working unitat UIET.
ii. Facilitate the incubatees to utilise resources within UIET and even in Panjab University, depending upon technical justification of the project.
iii. Connect the incubatees for technology-downstream commercialisation aspects that may become available through TEC, CIIPP, CRIKC, DIC, IIC and other places in Chandigarh and around.
TBIU is managed by a committee, Chaired by the Director, UIET. It will endeavour to secure additional necessary facilities through Grant In Aid from government or other agencies, CSR and by partnerships with industries and UIET alumni. It has a shared working space with core facilities for the Resident Incubator Members/ Companies and student groups (at an early stage of idea incubation). TBIU will freely network with TEC, CIC, CRIKC, DIC, IIC and any other such organisation in the region to facilitate the journey of incubates, for further improvisation beyond the initial proofs of concept/prototypes developed at TBIU.
To nurture and incubate innovative talent for setting up enterprises towards various problem solving areas in science and technology.
● To provide state of the art multi-disciplinary technology facilities
● To hand hold and guide budding innovations towards excellence and commercialization
● To provide a congenial environment for developing collaborations with academia, research institutions, investors, venture capitalists and industries
● To mentor students for innovative idea creation through world class consultancy services
Meet TBIU Core Team
How To Apply
1.Guidelines for co-working space to be utilised by resident members at TBIU.
2. Application format for residency of the incubation space (GOOGLE FORM LINK)
3. Space licencing and technical synergy agreement for utilisation of services of TBIU at UIET, PU (GOOGLE FORM LINK)
CORE TEAM MESSAGE
“Every dream like an eagle’s egg has three phases; incubation (brooding) period were all the facts about the dream are collected and carefully analyzed; nurturing period were much is invested initially and very little may be realized immediately and flying period were the dream has broken loose and it becomes a reality to the dreamer” ― Dr. Lucas D. Shallua
TBIU is a business incubator focused on supporting startups which would use modern technologies as the primary means of innovation. It refers to the type of incubation where the focus group consists of innovative, mostly technology-oriented, or knowledge-intensive service sector enterprises and interactions with the academic sphere giving a substantive element of the incubation process.It will promote the concept of growth through innovation and application of technology, support economic development strategies for small business development, and encourage growth from within local economies, while also providing a mechanism for technology transfer.
TBIU is a temporary, facilitative support provided to start-up enterprises through the delivery of complex services and special environments with the aim of improving their chance of survival in the early phase of the life span and establishing their later intensive growth. It is a venture of UIET to promote and bolster a new technology intensive enterprise.It aims at the development of new innovative industries by stimulating the establishment and early growth of start-up firms.It fosters innovative start-up firms, thus the process of incubation is strongly intertwined with the innovation process that occurs in the supported enterprises.
TBIU would be an epitome of technology-based economic development while providing a mechanism for technology transfer and support the concept of growth through innovation and application of technology, and economic development strategies that encourage small business development and growth from within a local economy.
It would be promoting: Creation of technology based new enterprises, Facilitating transfer of technology, Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit and Speedy commercialisation of R&D output due to optimal use of the already existing expertise and facilities thus keeping the cost of the TBIU on the lower side.
TBIU being the part of premiere institute Panjab University would be benefited in following ways:
- ● State of the art Infrastructure, facilities and expertise available
- ● Prime location reduces time lag between technology development and its commercialization.
- ● Dedicated faculty team with excellent R&D track record
- ● Centre for Industry Institute Partnership Programme( CIPP) bridging Industry-Academia gap
- ● Technology Enabling Centre (TEC) stimulating the growth and commercialization of R&D activities aimed at developing products & production processes with advanced technologies by strengthening the cooperation among public, university & industry.
- ● Design Innovator centre(DIC) to focus on innovations around engineering products, add value to the available engineering designs and promote early stage startup companies.
- ● High end labs and instruments procured through prestigious research project grants from Government of India like MoE, DBT, DST, AICTE, MEITY etc.
- ● MoUs with Industries in the region, CRIKC etc
- ● Proximity to other R&D/academic institutions
- ● State of the art Library facility
- ● High end internet facility
Thus, being in the university campus, It aims to offer access to a creative environment, advanced technology laboratories, exposure to state-of-the-art technical
equipment and expertise, and other research and technical resources such as faculty, staff, students, and libraries.
TBIU would be initially promoting following thrust areas which have potential for faster growth:
- ● Smart HealthCare: Medical Devices, Restorative Technologies, Artificial intelligence based Diagnostic Solutions, Customized Prosthesis, Patient specific Implants etc.
- ● Energy Harvesting and Management Technologies
- ● Traffic Sensing and Information Technologies
Technology Business Incubator at UIET(TBIU)
VISION To nurture and incubate talent for setting up enterprises towards various problem
solving areas in science and technology.
MISSION To provide state of the art multi-disciplinary technology facilities, a congenial
environment for developing collaborations with academia, research institutions, investors,
venture capitalists and industries, hand hold and guide budding innovations towards excellence and commercialization, m provide and mentor students for innovative idea creation through world class consultancy services.
STARTUPS SUPPORTED: Simply3D, Crudcook, Recyteq, Envinova Smartech,
Capteurio Pvt. Ltd., Rootworkz Learning, Padhaku, Hum Mussafir Trips, Park Me Safe Sols
Technology Business Incubator at UIET(TBIU)
- ● Eight Tech STARTUPS Companies are Incubated, with Total Funding of around Rs 50 lacs.
- ● Rootworkz: Won First prize in Ed Eureka, IITB Competition.
- ● Simply 3D, Envinova Smartech: Won AICTE Institute Innovation Council Prize.
- ● Recyteq: Funded By US Embassy, New Delhi.